Wed. Thurs. Fri.
12:00 - 19:00
11:00 - 18:00
451 & 465, St-Jean Street
- map -
T 1 514 849 3742 -- 1 888 934 2278
For group reservations, please consult the LEARNING section of our website.
DHC/ART Foundation for Contemporary Art is an exhibition space housed in a converted, historic building in the heart of Old Montreal. A privately endowed foundation, DHC/ART is a permanent location for exciting and relevant temporary visual arts exhibitions and projects. Accessible and welcoming, with free admission and flexible opening hours, the foundation is an important addition to Montreal's cultural life. DHC/ART aims to be a leading venue for contemporary art in Canada, attracting visitors to Montreal for its dynamic programming which reflects the global nature of art today.
Opened in the Fall of 2007, DHC/ART aims to present some of the most compelling art of our time from around the world, both on-site and in occasional off-site settings or in the public realm. DHC/ART is also committed to promoting a greater appreciation and understanding of the art it presents. The foundation's goal is to present two exhibitions per year, as well as a program of special screenings and talks; all the while building an inclusive education and outreach program for the general public.
REFERENCE is a space for research, reflection and discovery for visitors to the foundation. Video documentation of the artist and academic talks presented by DHC/ART are available for viewing on interactive workstations.
A reference library is available and soon, access to WIFI Internet (where it is possible to connect your own computer) will also be available.
As a place for research, reading and art education, visitors are invited to use REFERENCE as they please to activate their curiosity and to expand their knowledge.
DHC/ART aims to be a leading venue for contemporary art in Canada, attracting visitors to Montreal for its dynamic programming which reflects the global nature of art today.
DHC/ART is proud to offer its first ever free iPhone app, which will allow you access exhibition-related enriched content related, and learn more about current practices in contemporary art. You will find:
- Information on the current exhibitions presented in a dynamic audio guide developed in collaboration with our curator, including exclusive content about the artists and works on view;
- Display of presented works, image by image;
- Artist interviews;
- Education tools and reading suggestions;
- A complete schedule of events suggested by the curator and assistant curator of the annual programming and by DHC/ART-Education;
- Podcasts containing comprehensive information on past exhibitions;
- Access to our Twitter feed to share your impressions and vision of the exhibitions and themes put forward;
- All the information necessary to plan your visit, such as opening hours, phone number, and a detailed map to easily find your way to our venue.
With the touch of a finger, this interactive app will help you enhance your knowledge of contemporary art, by demystifying the work of world-renowned contemporary artists and allowing you to discover original content about the art on view.
Board of Directors
Contact - Staff
Director and Founder
Director of Operations
Director, Communications & Marketing